- Hours of OperationMonday through Friday from 8:00am to 6:00pm
- What to Expect When you Arrive and DepartPer New York City Department of Health regulations, please sign your child in and out on the child tracking sheet provided in your child’s classroom.
- Children must be accompanied to the center by a parent, guardian or authorized caretaker.
- Your caregiver will assist you and your child to minimize the separation. Allowing a little extra time for drop-off can ease the stress, and give you ample time to provide your primary caregiver with any important information about your child.
- Children will not be allowed to leave the center during the day or at the end of the day unless accompanied by a parent, guardian or authorized caretaker.
- What to Expect During Your Child's DayAt Happy Smile Day Care, there are stimulating environments where children participate in creative activities, where their minds are expanded and their imaginations are challenged. Daily routines include a balance of gross motor and quiet activities that stimulate all areas of children’s development. The center is equipped with developmentally appropriate toys, books, and arts and craft materials. Children will experience a rich environment of toys in different learning centers, such as science, dramatic play, music, blocks, reading and literacy, art, sensory, and gross motor. Each primary caregiver’s goal is to provide a fun and educational experience for your child. The center provides a healthy and homemade breakfast, lunch, snack, and dinner.
- Adjusting to the CenterYoung children sometimes have difficulty separating from parents and adjusting to a new environment. The Center faculty is well trained to provide support during this sensitive time. If a child is having separation difficulties your primary caregiver will offer comfort and try to engage the child in an activity. Most of the time, the faculty can successfully comfort and engage your child with activities that will ease their separation anxiety. In the unlikely event that you child cannot be consoled within a reasonable time, or refuses to participate in the program, you will be called and asked for suggestions on how to help your child adjust to the center. You should feel free to call the Center at any point and inquire on how your child is doing.
- What to Bring
- Children should wear play clothes, since they will be involved in projects using paints, glue and water.
- Change of clothes.
- Children should have a blanket and one special toy that may ease adjustment to the center. In helping your child select something appropriate, please keep in mind that the center does not allow toys or action figures that encourage aggressive behavior, or can be swallowed or damaging to the eyes.
- If your child requires diapers and baby wipes, parents should bring these items. Diapers are changed every 3 hours, so please plan accordingly.
- Parents should bring a roll of paper towels and a box of tissues every 3 months.
- Allergies: MedicationPlease be advised that, because of the severe nature of nut allergies, Happy Smile Day Care is a nut-safe environment.
Our facility is not able to provide any medicine to your child. Therefore any prescription medicine should be administered at home.
- Safety and Emergency ProceduresTo ensure that the procedures are accurately followed in the event of an emergency, faculty and children participate in monthly practice drills conducted at the center by an employee of Happy Smile Day Care.